Thursday, December 4, 2008

I have been a horrible blogger!!!



Wow! I cannot believe how much time has passed since I last posted an entry here! I think I can safely claim the world's worst blogger prize:) I have had ideas for posts milling around in my head for months and have failed to put those ideas into script because of time excuses. That's what they are...just excuses! I have decided that it is high time that I make a determination to keep all of you updated on my latest endeavors with a weekly post. I'd like to share favorite photos, details about trips, photography tips for your home use, and periodic ramblings that nobody else will listen to:) So, like it or not, here goes...

This week I'd like to share a couple of photos from my annual holiday Academy Theater photoshoot. For the past three years I have collaborated with the Academy Theater (on Stark St. in SE Portland, www.academytheaterpdx.com, on doing a holiday "children's special". The folks at the Academy Theater came up with the wonderful idea of providing childcare at the theater so that stressed out moms and dads can leave their children in a safe and creative environment while enjoying a little hollywood therapy without distraction. "Munchkin Land" is located in the loft of the theater building, and has colorful walls (adorned by some of my photographs), lots of toys, and great babysitters.
My part in all of this is to set up a mini studio in the playloft once a year, and photograph munchkins while parents watch movies.
The environment provides for great expressions from the kids because they are in a fun and happy place, and don't feel pressured about having their picture taken.
This year I had the pleasure of seeing a couple of kids again that had come for the special last year. It's always fun to see how much kids grow and change in the space of only a year. Here are a couple of the images i was able to capture of them!

No comments: